Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Advertising

I mentioned that Bob Leverone inspired me to become interested in sports and advertising photography. I have to confess though, Bob did increase my interest in advertising, but the flame had originally been lit by Tommy's assignment for us two weeks prior. Our job was to pick an advertisement in a magazine and copy it. We'd been working on studio lighting for a few weeks now, so I was anxious to combine some of those lighting techniques into a comprehensive photograph. This assignment was SO much fun because it was really making us apply our skills and figuring out how to produce an image that we want on demand.

The ad I chose was COVERGIRL:




So, what do you do when you don't have Drew Barrymore around for a casual photoshoot? Grab the closest look-a-alike and work with what you've got! This is my friend Liz, the president of our sorority. Small details are different from my final copy, like the long-sleeve and the ring, but I had a lot of fun doing this and this is my first but definitely not last of working on advertisements as projects!

Definitely a lot to work on, but such a positive starting point! I had a problem with making my image look as warm as Drew Barrymore's/COVERGIRL's, so I tried to fix that in post-production via Photoshop. Here are some other images from the shoot, these were taken with a shutter speed of 1/125 and an aperture F-stop of 5.6.














No comments:

Post a Comment